Wednesday 27 February 2013


Tutorial with Dan- 26th February


  • Continue drawings in sketchbook, experiment redrawing the scenes in various mediums (paint, inks, chacoal etc) and to different scales. 
  • Research contemporary drawing/illustrators, search library for techniques which appeal to me:
    • David Hockney.
    • Raymond Pettibon.
    • Hieronymus Bosch.
    • Alberto Giacometti.
    • Henry Moore.
    • Chris Ware.
    • Anatomy or life/figure drawing.
    • General graphic novels.
  • Also talk to Ryan and Elliot about their projects, as they are using storyboards as part of their work and it seems similar to mine.
Feedback from Design in Action and PPD:
  • Recommend I set mini deadlines for FMP to keep me motivated, but not to make the goals too specific.
  • The edited and concise blog was good, so I will continue this approach within FMP.
  • To visit exhibitions, and read art and design journals in the library which will help develop my critical awareness: the research from PPD was good but this didn't carry over into Design in Action, so I should be conscious of developing this further.

No comments:

Post a Comment