Saturday 27 April 2013


Dry point etches
This weeks work of printing and etching the original nine images from the story board. I've extended the storyboard to 23 frames now so will be continuing to etch and print from these.


Some of them may need going over a little with the scribe, as they have printed out a bit faintly despite how much ink was applied. I like the colour blue but am going to try others next week, and a larger paper size as the smaller paper cut part of the image off. Was thinking it would be nice if the image was framed inside the paper, and then I could crop it to whichever size for the concertina.



I really like the prints so far, they retain the 'drawn' quality of my original images and people have remarked that they look like drawings rather than prints.


A close up of one of the etches started yesterday, the process of scratching into plastic is quite tiresome especially over a long period of time.


No comments:

Post a Comment