Saturday 11 May 2013


Final piece

08.05.13 Making the final book. Used smaller measurements of 18cm x 26cm pages, big enough for the prints to fit in without being too big and overbalancing. I also used half the pages since deciding to display the prints on both sides, so the book feels more compact now.



A photo of the book being held in place as I stuck the pages together. It was tricky to not over glue and end up sticking multiple pages together, as I found out last time, so I used sheets of news print paper between each page when gluing. This method took longer but was a lot cleaner and meant all the pages were neatly glued.


All the paper stuck together and dried, before I attached the back cover. I chose black as it was simple and elegant, without detracting too much from the book's contents. Also I feel it is relevant as the colour black relates to a sense of the unknown, and unconsciousness which links to sleep and dreaming.  


This area was embossed for the title and space for my name/website to go. In hindsight I feel the design is a little dull and unexciting, but I hope to add a personal touch by hand-writing the words onto the cover. I think the lack of a complex design would add an element of mystery to the contents and intention of the piece; causing the viewer to make up their own mind about it.


The book with the back cover attached.

No comments:

Post a Comment