Monday 20 May 2013


Sequencing of dream narrative: arranged in first concertina

I decided to try arranging the prints in a non-chronological manner, and experimented with various ways of organising the narrative of my dream. I tried to arrange it in a similar manner to how I remembered the dream- in spurts of information, usually starting with the last thing that happened, and with the rest filing back into place like a jigsaw. 

Only after that do I try to make sense of the dream, and arrange the events into a logical narrative with a beginning- middle- end point. For this reason I felt it would be relevant to arrange the narrative through this method, and allow the viewer to actualise the piece in their mind, forming their own conclusions based on the information provided.

This is the first narrative where I attempted this:










The second sequence arranged.



No comments:

Post a Comment